Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rude Awakening continued...

I'm in trouble people. Sensei is back, well according to him...hehehe. If you ask me he never left. We are in the 3rd week of 4 of going heavy. Heavy is an understatement. Yesterday we worked on legs....I swear I can not walk today...hehehe. We reached two 45plates on each side for squats, leg press we racked up eight 45plates on each side. I need a wheel chair after that. Melvin made it look like it was nothing. It's a good and bad thing for me. Good because it will push me even more, bad becasue I know the pain will follow.

I figured I'd touch on the diet aspect. Everyone knows that food/diet is the hardest thing when tyring to loose weight or get into shape. I've learned quickly that it is hard to break bad habits. Eating, eating eating...I l
ove it, which makes it even harder. Not only is sensei a trainer, he is a chef. He's been stirring me in the right direction in regards to what to eat. The big thing is portions. I've gotten accoustomed to eating very big portions for 3 meals a day. This is an example of what one meal used to be for me...hehehe. Boy doesn't that look so good!!!



Now I'm trying to eat 6 small meals a day. With working night shift it's a bit hard but so far so good. I'm staying away from alot of carbs, which for me includes RICE RICE RICE. Sugar, sweets, junk food are no-nos. I've substitued all that with fresh fruits, which replace the bad sugars...apples, bannanas, grapes, pineapples, etc. Main focus is protein, which includes chicken breast and tuna fish. Eating alot of salads, which really acts as a filler...hehehe. Hard boiled eggs is another source of protein. All in all, small portions and just eating right. I do have one day where I can cheat and eat what I want. One would think I would just binge, but surprisingly enough that isn't the case. I do eat the things I normally can't but in reasonable portions. So that is my diet plan, nothing to hard, no weird diets, just smart eating.




No comments:

Post a Comment